Dear Dorchester Church Family & Friends,
The COVID-19 has certainly had a huge impact on the lives of people all across our nation and the world. Our church is no exception. We wish to thank all of you who have continued to support the church with your gifts through the mail. We hope and pray that you have also been able to keep in touch with worship Pastor April’s sermons via Facebook live stream or YouTube.
With the Administrative Council decision on July 2nd, we are happy to announce that we will begin meeting again in our church building on Sunday, July 12th beginning at 9:30. For you who are unable or hesitant to join us at this time, and for those out of the area, our morning service will be recorded and uploaded to our Facebook page which may also be viewed by you at any time. We will be implementing the following guidelines for our worship in-person services when we start:
1. Masks ARE mandatory and will be available if you do not have one.
2. Greeters and attendants will be wearing masks and will welcome and seat you according to safe distancing guidelines. Seating will happen from the front of the church first filling into the back of the church last.
3. At the conclusion of the worship service, worshippers will be dismissed starting from the back of the sanctuary. If you want to visit with someone, please wait to do so until outside the church building and according to safe distancing guidelines (please no hugs, handshakes, fist bumps, etc.).
4. Hand Sanitizer will be available and encouraged to be used when entering the Sanctuary.
5. Sunday School classes and coffee time will be suspended for now. They will be added as we deem it is safe to do such.
6. Music during worship will be restricted to the organ, instrumentalists, and the piano or videos. No hymns will be sung during worship. To minimize exposure and protect worshippers, all hymnals, Bibles, pencils, and attendance pads will be removed from the sanctuary.
7. Those who use the restrooms are encouraged to wash hands, please only one person at a time in the restrooms (exception for families). You are welcome to bring your own hand sanitizer, but we will also have some available at the back of the sanctuary.
8. If you choose to attend worship in person, your name will be recorded to provide factual tracing information should someone in attendance test positive for COVID-19 later in time.
9. Two offering plates will be at the back of the sanctuary for your financial gifts as you come to or leave the worship service. We want to encourage all who are unable to attend services to please continue to mail your tithes and offerings to the church. (Our expenses have continued to go on during this crisis and your giving to the Lord is greatly appreciated.)
10. We also want to encourage you to continue supporting the Local Food Pantry by either dropping off items at Dorchester UMC or by sending a check to the church marked “for the food pantry”.
For some of you, this may seem an unnecessary overreaction, and we hope you are correct; nevertheless, we have decided to land on the side of caution. Please bear in mind that we are continuing to navigate uncharted waters without a map, and so bear with us and be patient with us as we attempt what we believe are both sensible and safe. We are thankful the COVID-19 virus has been very minimal in our area and we pray that will continue. If you have any questions or a need for clarifications, please feel free to call the church office at 946-3091.
We also want to encourage you that if you fall into the vulnerable group, please stay home and worship online. Lastly, if you are ill or have been knowingly exposed to COVID-19, stay home and worship online.
With all that being said, we are very excited to begin meeting again and to see you all again!
See you soon!
Dorchester UMC Vision/Mission statement:
“To glorify and grow with God through servitude, empowerment and outreach”
Dorchester Sunday Worship Services – 9:30 a.m.
Friend Worship Services – 10:30 a.m.
Sunday School – 9:30 a.m.
Choir – 9:45 a.m.